Ladies and gents it has been 3 weeks and 3 days since my last blog post. I feel like my return should be profound, “While I’ve been away I have done some soul searching and decided to give away all my possessions. I now live in a field with only a lone flip flop to my name. I share this flip flop with a homeless man called Gerald ” or ” Since I last posted I have traveled to a country you’ve never heard of and helped eradicate a disease so complex in it’s make up that it was thought to have the power to erase all human life as we know it”.
What has actually happened is that I have learnt six incredibly important things in the last three weeks:
1) you don’t press down on a burger when you are frying it because it squeezes all the good juices out.
2) Rich tea biscuits from Lidl cost 20 cents and are pretty darn good.
3) It turns out horses are made from socks, a stick and a broken handbag strap, who knew!
4) Another nature lesson. River rats are actually adorable. Although they should unionize and work on a new name for themselves.
5) Ewan going to playschool for the first time tomorrow has me fretting but he seems totally fine with it.
6) Now, this is the big one folks.
After months of waiting, urging and stretching, my hair is finally long enough for a top knot!!
My top knot dreams have come true. While I have been waiting for me hair to grow I had envisaged my top knot transforming my tracksuit bottom days. No longer would I look like a woman too lazy to get dressed into non-elasticated clothing. Instead I would appear like a ballerina who happens to have a day off from her hectic dance schedule and whose hair gathers effortlessly, yet stylishly, on the top of her head . It’s a tall ask for a bit of hair and elastic but it’s safe to say I’ve totally nailed it!
See, my time spent away from blogging has been time very well spent!